Subsidised Pest Control Schemes Across Worcestershire

For some District Council areas support is given for treatment of specific pests.  Please see below for the qualifying criteria for the support and which pests the service applies to.

If you are unsure which pest you are dealing with please take the advice of the pest control specialist before they visit.  Any resident calling out a contractor for a pest qualifying for free treatment that turn out to be something different which is chargeable will be expected to pay the contractors charges. You will see our six preferred contractors for all districts listed at the bottom of this page.

Bromsgrove District Council Pest Control

Free treatment for those in receipt of
Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
Full Housing Benefit
80% Council Tax Support
Universal Credit

Person requesting treatment will need to show proof of entitlement before treatment is undertaken.

Treatment available for the following pests only - Rats, Mice, Fleas, Bed Bugs, Cockroaches & Wasps Nests.

Redditch Borough Council Pest Control 

Free treatment for those in receipt of
Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
Full Housing Benefit
80% Council Tax Support
Universal Credit

Person requesting treatment will need to show proof of entitlement before treatment is undertaken.

Treatment available for the following pests only - Rats, Mice, Fleas, Bed Bugs, Cockroaches & Wasps Nests.

Note:  Free rat treatment is no longer available to all Redditch residents.  From 3rd April 2017, only those in receipt of qualifying benefits can receive a free treatment.

Wychavon District Council Pest Control

Free treatment for the following pests only is available to Wychavon residents on qualifying benefits - rats, mice, fleas, cockroaches, bedbugs and wasps. The qualifying benefits are: 

Income Support
Income Related Employment & Support Allowance
Job Seekers Allowance
Disability Allowance
Personal Independance Payment
Attendance Allowance
Housing Benefit (must be paid 100%)
Council Tax Benefit
Pension Guarantee Credits
Universal Credit

The person requesting treatment will need to show proof of entitlement before treatment is undertaken.

Wyre Forest District Council Pest Control 

Free treatment for rats, mice, and cockroaches, is provided for residents on the following benefits: In addition residents on the following benefits are entitled to a 25% discount on flea and bedbug treatments. The remaining 75% cost of the treatment must be paid.

Income Support
 Job Seekers Allowance
Employment & Support Allowance
Disability Allowance
Personal Independence Payment
Attendance Allowance
Housing Benefit, (must be paid 100%)
Council Tax Benefit
Universal Credit

Person requesting treatment will need to show proof of entitlement before treatment is undertaken. There is no longer a free treatment for wasps in Wyre Forest.

Malvern Hills & Worcester City Council areas

There is no service for pest control provided by Malvern Hills District Council or Worcester City Council. The contractors listed below cover all districts and will offer services to treat your pests but you should request detail of the applicable charges.